Thursday, September 4, 2008

RunBoston!

I'm just back from a wonderful vacation, during which I visited one of the least pedestrian-friendly cities I've ever seen (Las Vegas, NV) and one of the most pedestrian-friendly (Black Rock City, NV, aka the Burning Man arts festival). While I was away, lots of things happened here at WalkBoston, and today, I'm excited to announce one of them:

The Boston Athletic Association has chosen WalkBoston for one of its highly sought positions as an Official Boston Marathon Charity. As an official charity, we have been donated bib numbers to form RunBoston, a 2009 marathon team to help us raise much needed funds for our growing roster of programs and advocacy.

For those of you who don't keep track of the marathon circuit, this is a big deal because the Boston marathon is highly competitive. To run with a bib number, you have to either qualify by running another marathon in a qualifying time or you join a team like this one and raise money for a charity in the process of your training. For us here at WalkBoston, the fit between us and the marathon seemed obvious, and we're excited to link up with it!

For more information, check out the Boston Marathon's charity page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is really cool. Now I wish I was running enough to do a marathon.

(p.s. the link to the charity page is broken)