Thursday, September 18, 2008

Franklin Park walk: tonight! 5:30

It occurred to me last night that I have missed several grand opportunities to walk with my friends and readers by failing to announce a regular walk I do each week and that, while targeted to a particular program I'm working on, is certainly open to one and all:

The program is Walking Prescriptions for People and Neighborhoods, and its goal is to increase habitual walking among the community of a local health center. We're about to revamp our walk schedule, but I'm certain that we're going to keep our Thursday night walks in Franklin Park, because they're one of the walks with steady attendance, and, well, to be honest, it's one of my favorite parts of every week, and I refuse to give it up.

Join me and others for a walk around Franklin Park any Thursday, meeting at 5:30 (we usually set out about 5:45) at the benches in front of the "Zebra" entrance for Franklin Park Zoo (near the intersection of Blue Hill Ave and Columbia Rd.)

Drop me a note (rcarson @ walkboston.org) if you have any questions or if you want me to look out for you this week or any week!

No comments: