Tuesday, July 1, 2008

WalkBoston Blogs!

As the new program coordinator here at WalkBoston, I'm thinking a lot about ways to get the word out about us and our programs. Before I saw the job listing for this position, I hadn't heard of WalkBoston, which is crazy, because I'm just the type of person who should know about us: I don't own a car; I care about environmental issues and energy use; I live in the city and am passionate about urban communities; I have a background and interest in public health. Walking relates to all of these issues, and, in fact, is one of the things that ties them all together.

I'll be using this blog to talk about issues related to walking, announce and discuss events hosted by WalkBoston and other walking groups in and around Boston, link to other walking-related topics and research, and generally to remind us all to take a few minutes out of every work day to step out of our offices for a turn around the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Dad said...

> I hadn't heard of WalkBoston, which is crazy, because I'm just the type of person who should know about us.

How does WalkBoston promote itself?